Tuesday, April 1, 2014

We Create Blog Hop--Happy Daisy

Well, yesterday I was released from my calling as the President of the children's Primary at church.  It has been just shy of 2 years and it has been an extraordinary blessing in my life. I was able to serve with 3 great women in my presidency who helped me with my responsibilities--they were an answer to many prayers.  It's wonderful to see little faces looking up at me every week as they learn about the gospel.  Listening to them sing about their Savior, at times brought me to tears.  As each of them had the opportunity to speak, whether durning Primary or as part of the annual Primary Presentation in sacrament meeting, their testimonies were pure and simple. I learned so much from them. I will miss seeing them every week, but I hope that they will continue to keep me up to date on all that is happening in their lives! They truly make me happy!!
So, with that said, my project this month just screams "Happy"!!  Who doesn't like daisies?  They are just a happy flower, either alone or in a big bunch.  This daisy is done in a line art style so it can be colored in using the freeform feature on MDS. If you would like to see how I use the freeform feature to add shading detail to digital images, check out this video:
I love that it has depth and dimension instead of just a flat image on a page.  There are several digital stamp sets that allow you to use the freeform tool to color in--try this technique, it's fun once you know how. And make sure you get your 30-day free trial of MDS, you will love it!

Hop along to Michelle, she's just getting started with MDS but I'm sure she'll get hooked on it quickly!
The packing is coming along and the house is going on the market in less than 2 weeks...AHHHHHHHHHH!!!  I hope we're ready!

Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment